Saturday, July 21, 2012

Grease Monkeyin' Around

So after weeks (months?) of listening of a terrible, groaning, metallic-stomach-rumbling sound, Ben and I decided that it was time to roll up our sleeves and go to work on our car.  It turned out that our break pads had worn down to smithereens.  This was really no surprise to us because this happened once before when I still drove Dory and the sound is very memorable, so no matter what my husband says, it's really my fault for not doing anything sooner.

Our old break pads from one wheel.  Yeah, I know.  Sad.
Nevertheless, after changing just one wheel (don't worry, we didn't stop there - this is a four-wheel job), it sounded so much better!  Ben kept saying, "Do you hear that?  You don't because there's nothing to hear!"
My studly husband, complete with axle-grease soul patch.  *sigh*
You can't really tell from the picture, but his fingers are just about as black as the tire.  I wanted to get a picture of mine to prove you that I helped too, but by the time I got around to taking pictures, I had already cleaned my hands to make us some lunch, which I fed to Ben while he was playing with the jack.  We also had Disney music playing in the background so I've sort of connected the experience with "Won't say I'm in love" from Hercules.

"Two nuts are better than one."
I was pretty proud of myself here because I balanced the camera on the picket fence (like the one you can see on the other side of the car), hence the tilt.  About this time, we were fitting the tire back on and I heard Ben say "well, two nuts are better than one."  I think he was talking about the tire, but I chose to interpret it a little differently.

We hope you're all doing well and enjoying cars as quiet and smooth-sounding as ours.

Much love, from two nuts.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, Miss Caitlin! And being updated on your wonderful married life in general. Te extrano mucho, mi querida! --Amy

    ReplyDelete