Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sweet Baby

So almost a month after the fact,  I thought that I should finally post something about the biggest change I've ever experienced in my life.
Just a few days before we celebrated our second Christmas together, my husband and I were thrown headlong into parenthood and welcomed this precious little girl into our family.  Yes, a girl!  We both realized afterward that, deep down, we had both spent most of the pregnancy expecting a boy, despite our insistence on switching from 'he' to 'she' every day.  This just made the surprise that much more wonderful.
I'm borrowing an idea from my sister-in-law and giving her a screen name, rather than putting her real name online.  Since I don't have a lot to go on as far as personality is concerned, I'm going to humor my brother, whose first reaction to the news that we were expecting was "I've got the perfect name - Thunder Horse."  Very well, Thunder it is.
I was a little ashamed of myself for getting the epidural as early on as I did, but whereas before I thought our anesthetists were nice guys, now I can see the angelic glow that follows them around.
I guess there's not too much to tell besides that.  Any of you who are parents probably know how fun and exhausting the past few weeks have been.  On my spare time (ha ha ha, 'spare time' - I crack myself up) I mostly take pictures of our little girl and send them to her Grandmas, so I may as well share a few of those with you too.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Love you guys and baby thunder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Maybe once we know her a little better, I'll come up with a better screen name.

      Delete
  2. Oh. . . I love her already! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete