Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Update

Well, obviously consistency isn't really my thing.  The past seven weeks have been non-stop running, and our lives have been taken up with some very fun things, such as visiting our family, being visited by some of our favorite cousins, and a trip to the big city, an ultrasound (pictures to come...someday...), as well as lots of reading for me (ahh, books. *happy sigh*).

And then there have been some not-so-fun things, like job training (which by itself isn't so bad, but considering that every shift ends with a forty-five minute drive home in the middle of the night...well, it has its up-sides and down-sides), and an almost-two hour drive into the New Mexico desert to get my not-second, not-third, but fourth set of fingerprints done in order to obtain and keep the aforementioned job.

All in all, we have had a wild couple of months, and admittedly, since things have finally stabilized, I've been pushing all thoughts of blogging from my head with a guilty sort of feeling.  Now that I've come to it, I do feel like the sheepish prodigal, returning slowly to the all-embracing internet.  Yep.

So, to maybe make this worth your while, I will share some things that I have learned in recent weeks:

1. Those razors that you buy for traveling?  You know, the really cheap ones that are typically quite dull?  Well, sometimes they aren't.

2. Babies Toddlers and long car rides can work.  With a little faith, a lot of graham crackers, and an old cell phone.  Preferably one that still plays snazzy ringtones.

3. I now understand the small-town girl in a big city thing a little.  When you're the one driving and navigating through a town like Phoenix, it's a whole different experience than when your parents are doing it for you.

4. If you are going to work in a long-term care facility with patients who don't all necessarily speak English, it would be a good idea to learn a few words in their language.

5. Small children are rapidly evolving creatures.  Just because you could close the toilet seat to keep her out of the water before, doesn't mean that that will work now.

6. Crayons are magical.

7. So is chocolate.
...OK, maybe I already knew that...

8.There is nothing wrong with having a hot dog for lunch.  It doesn't matter how old you are.

9. I will probably never grow out of loving fairy tales.

10. You can travel the world by going to the zoo, even if the lions, tigers, and bears are sleeping.  If you don't have a zoo, you can travel the world be watching Planet Earth.  You don't even have to buy a plane ticket. :)

2 comments:

  1. I need to stay in-tune more! You're having another baby?!?!? adlkjfa;ldskfj! Harroo!
    ... I will celebrate for you by having some magical chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's probably more my fault than yours that this is news, seeing how I haven't gone anywhere near this blog in weeks...or months...

      Delete