Friday, October 18, 2013

Our Little Cricket

We love the bed-head.

This girl has grown up so quickly.  All the time, we are noticing more and more little landmarks that are suddenly behind us.  For example, this last week, we came in to get the girl up from a nap to find her not laying, sitting or kneeling, but standing in her crib.  On the same day, she got stuck under our bed.  OK, I know that's not exactly a landmark, but it was a first, and I admit that I called her daddy into the room to see before rescuing her.
Teeth already?!

Now, she is pulling herself up on everything.  As of late, these are a few of her favorite things:

  • her shadow, 
  • kissy lips (especially when accompanied by a crinkled nose and squinty eyes),
     
  • putting forbidden objects into her mouth, 
  • power outlets, 
  • anything grown-ups are eating,
    and 
  • her daddy.  
I can't help wondering whether or she would smile like that for me if I were the one who was gone all day and came home a couple hours before bedtime?  But I keep remembering how lucky I am that I will probably never know.  I get to spend my days at home with this girl and teach her and love her and let her know that she is my life's work.

As I explained in the previous post, my camera has been lost for awhile and I am currently working on standing up to my fears regarding our nicest camera, so most all of these pictures were taken from my phone, which probably explains the lack of quality.  Our girl also has the incredible talent of turning her head or crawling away just as I'm taking the picture.  Still, we've managed to capture a few good ones, I think.
With Uncle Christian, recently returned from Peru

As we rapidly approach her first birthday, I am realizing that we are passing through a lot of 'firsts.'  In fact, we are getting to experience a first just about everything with her.  It's interesting how parenthood both ages you and makes you young again.

6 comments:

  1. It's amazing how exciting every little milestone is, huh? She is pretty adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I keep thinking we've reached the ultimate of cuteness and fun and she keeps out-doing herself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - that kissy lips picture is killing me!!! Too cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I'm still amazed I caught it. Someday when I'm ready to upgrade, I'll have to ask you for camera advice.

    ReplyDelete