Thursday, January 9, 2014

How to Hold Your Ukulele

Since we were out of town for almost two weeks and took scads of pictures during that time (OK, not scads, but...), and since I've turned out to be pretty negligent when it comes to posting pics, I feel like a picture post is about due.  Most of these are actually from just after we got back home, but they'll give you a little glimpse of what our life is like with an impish one-year-old.

This isn't exactly how Dad holds this thing, but she's pretty sure
it's the correct way.
 We pulled out the ukulele for family night, and she was all too willing to help us figure out what to do with it.  Every time she picked it up, it went over her shoulder like this.  It was too funny.
...I'm going to Alabama with my ukulele on my knee...
 Of course, when she realized she was being photographed, she was willing to try all sorts of new  poses for us.


Recently, she's discovered her baby rocker and it has become the new center for her acrobatics.  When Mom turned on the vibrate, she didn't know what to think, but for a rare moment, she sat still, trying to figure it out.
Story time!
And finally, this is how we celebrated the new year.  The party going on downstairs woke her up, and in an attempt to calm her down, we all sort of passed out.  I woke up just after 1:00 and had to document it.  Hopefully this won't be a precedent for the rest of our year.
I think those pajamas make her look like a little elf. :)
Please forgive the poor lighting.  I had to be stealthy.
And there you have it.  Our little even-more-important-than-pecans.  Our life's work in the making.  There really aren't words to sum up what she means to us, but my mom often coos to her, "are you what life's all about?"  And we all know the answer.

Yes.  Yes, she is.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, she is. She's such a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks. It's something I never understood before and I get it just a little bit more all the time.

      Delete