Friday, December 20, 2013

Random, etc.

Part I: The Random

I don't have anything planned as far as writing today, so I'm going to subject the few poor souls who read this to a little 'free association,' and just write whatever comes to my head - and there are reasons for this.  They're mostly selfish reasons, but here goes:

1. Because on Tuesday (or was it Monday?) I didn't take the time to write, not in my journal, not a blog post, nothing.  I think I just posted something I had written already and saved the previous week.  And I noticed something.  All day, the only thing I wanted to do was call my mom and try as I might, I couldn't get in touch with her.  I was a little despondent...I was bored, I realized, despite being busy.  I guess I had too many half-finished thoughts bouncing around in my head without an outlet.  On the days when I do write something, that doesn't happen.

2. Because I'm trying very earnestly to do this blogging thing consistently.  I'm not very good at sticking with something once I've started (as evidenced by the early archives of this blog as well as the myriad books I've never finished reading).

Usually I try to think ahead of time about what I'm going to share with the world wide web, because very few people should be exposed to the wilderness inside my head.  It's a place where the wind almost always blows - kind of like here, on top of the mesa, and over the train tracks down below - and sometimes, the laws of gravity don't quite work, and once in awhile, I have very convenient ninja skills.  Nevertheless, in the spirit of Christmas, I think it's only appropriate to deal out some unprepared, unfiltered disorganization.  Because I, for one, have spent much too much energy this month trying to be organized.

Part II: The etc.

On that note - no, wait, on both of those notes, I am currently packing in preparation to make our trek far away from Far Away.  In other words, we're going home.  At last.  I can't tell you just how long this week has seemed, nor how excited we are.  What I don't know is whether or not I'll have any time for blogging, but I'll try.  If nothing else, I'll take lots of pictures and think up scads of posts that I will probably never post.  Great promise right?

I would go on to share with you more of those ricocheting words, but I am now on borrowed time.  Nap time is over and soup-making time is about to commence.  This post probably did not enrich anybody's life except for mine, but if you read it, thank you.  And I really, really hope that you're having a good day.  Really.

Love,
Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment