Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Grateful-vember: Silliness

OK, I am short on time today, but here's what's on my mind:

Sometimes (I admit so many embarrassing things online) I wake up in the middle of the night and anxiously mull over what I would do if, say, a Bengal tiger or a crocodile or a giant spider (Lord of the Rings, anyone?) were to stroll into my bedroom.  I'm not kidding.  I do lose sleep over this issue.  How would I get out?  How would I get my family out?  What if I forget the car keys and end up trapped in my thorn-filled yard with nowhere to hide and nowhere to run??

So today, I'm taking a few moments to be grateful that I have never been attacked by a large predatory animal.  Or any predatory animal, for that matter, unless you count mosquitoes (but the day of reckoning is coming).  And I'm grateful that those large predatory beasts don't live around here anyway, so that my fears are totally irrational.

There's my little slice of grateful profundity for the day.  Hopefully it made you smile and to anyone else out there whose overly active childish imagination tends to run away with them, you're not alone.

6 comments:

  1. Haha! This is hilarious! Silly Caitlin!

    Once, when I was reading Dracula, I woke up my mom at 3 am to kill a giant spider that I was sure was in my room… she was standing in my room with a flyswatter in her bathrobes, totally confused, while I was out on the stairs… When I woke up properly and realized it was a dream she was displeased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can´t take chances, right? At least you can say that you were a kid when that happened. :)

      Delete
  2. HA! This is so me. Mahon is always like, "whenever I get freaked out by something, I just tell myself it isn't real." I have tried fruitlessly for the last 6 years to explain to him that I JUST DIDN'T COME WITH THAT CAPABILITY. ;)

    ReplyDelete