Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Monday!

So...I decided that if I can start doing the listing-things-I'm-grateful-for after the beginning of the month, I can stop using the silly 'grateful-vember' heading half-way through too.  Haha, can you tell I'm tired today?  Someday I'll figure the whole blogging thing out.

Today, though, I'm grateful for a weekend's end.  I am grateful for the rhythm and repetition of my life, from sunrise and sunset, to the swing of seasons.  I'm glad to be returning to a very full-scheduled week with its responsibilities and routine.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to attack my goals with renewed energy.

My dad lent us an audio copy of 'The Screwtape Letters,' by C.S. Lewis, for our most recent drive down here, so the devil's words are rolling around in my head, admonishing his nephew to 'work on [the] fear of the same old thing.'  Through that perspective, Lewis points out that we have been given an inherent love of both change and constancy, hence the repetitive nature of days and seasons.

Yikes, this is starting to sound like a  book report.  My point is, that life is a constant effort and the way in which time itself is organized makes room for us to catch our breath, get back on our feet and try again.  Right now, I feel like I'm standing, rather bandy-legged and shakily, waiting for the next onslaught to begin.  Don't get me wrong, the 'onslaught' of which I speak is something marvelous and something I wouldn't miss for the world, but, well...  I guess it just feels, at times, like life isn't something I'm incredibly good at.  This is, after all, my first one.  Right now, I'm feeling so grateful for second chances and for renewal within the spectrum of the 'same old thing.'  Here's to the beginning of another week.  May it be a good one.

4 comments:

  1. Amen!!! And I am with you - I really love my routine. ;) Here's hoping that this week is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, new weeks are good! I always love the chance to start new.

    ReplyDelete